Monday, September 19, 2011

An LP to start

It is fitting that I should start with a Procol Harum LP.




Not because this is a rare or valuable album, but because Procol Harum was the first band that ever meant something to me in that way that bands mean something to us.  This one, A Salty Dog (their third) and Home (fourth) are still two of my favorite records even as other teenage fancies seem to belong to strangers, or are only worthy of my forbearance.

I even smoked Players Navy Cut cigarettes on occasion just because of this album cover, which still has the ability to charm me after all these years.  Because of this enchantment, my mother, for my 15th or 16th birthday, knitted me this sweater.  It still fits, and maybe I will post a picture of me in it some day.




to be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment